1. There comes a time when you have to stand up and shout: This is me damn it! I look the way I look, think the way I think, feel the way I feel, love the way I love! I am a whole complex package. Take me... or leave me. Accept me - or walk away! Do not try to make me feel like less of a person, just because I don't fit your idea of who I should be and don't try to change me to fit your mould. If I need to change, I alone will make that decision. When you are strong enough to love yourself 100%, good and bad - you will be amazed at the opportunities that life presents you.
2. If my mind can conceive it, and my heart can believe it, I know I can achieve it.
3. Have confidence that is you have done a little thing well, you can do a bigger thing well too
4. Every human has four endowments - self awareness, conscience, independent will and creative imagination. These give us the ultimate human freedom... the power to choose, to respond, to change.
Srephen R Covey
5. Regardless of how you feel inside, always try to look like a winner. Even if you are behind, a sustained look of control and confidence can give you a mental edge that results in victory.
6. You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience by which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.
7. Confidence is key. Sometimes, you need to look like you're confident even when you're not.
8. Not hippie - my parents were not hippies - but they were very supportive and encouraging, and that does a lot for someone and it gives them a lot of confidence.
9. If you hear a voice within you say “you cannot paint,” then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.
Vincent Van Gogh
10. You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes
You can steer yourself any direction you choose.
Wendy Mason works as a Coach, Consultant and Writer.
She works with all kinds of people going through many different kinds of personal and career change, particularly those;
- looking for work
- looking for promotion or newly promoted
- moving between Public and Private Sectors
- facing redundancy
- moving into retirement
- wanting to do a mid-life review
- Becoming A Leader Today - What to give up! (wisewolftalking.com)
- Are you a resilient leader? (wisewolftalking.com)
- Business: Change Your Performance Mindset (psychologytoday.com)
- Confident Steps - Finding the Foundation (overachairfeet.wordpress.com)